Sunday, April 13, 2014

Out of the night, Joelle Casteel returns for more of Emily's questions!

I'm so happy that the first of my friends to return for a second go-round is the very first friend who answered, back in January. Joelle has a new book that provides readers with the huge helping of Joelle's fascinating character The Queen that we've been waiting for!

What's a favorite thing you've written since the last time you were here for Emily's Questions?


Hmm. I wrote what started off as "I want to add a BJ to this manuscript" that found me some 1100-words later. :D There was also two separate aftercare scenes that I really enjoyed writing. Oh but my favorite was the snarky "massage chair beating," shared for a Dungeon Crawl; as I further snarked in the intro, no I didn't tag my Master on Facebook when I promo'd that one.

What's a favorite disciplinary implement?

My Master says it's a beater stick. I think it's just a piece of plastic, maybe, and yeah, meant for BDSM play. It's maybe two inches wide, 1/4 inch thick, 6 or so inches long (yeah, good length for a cock :D). It's rather stingy and I used to rather hate it. My Master specifically played with it in a tapping way to get me to dislike it less, but yeah, it's still pretty good for discipline because I'll beg for His hand or a flogger well before the beater stick.

What historical time period (includes far future/sci fi and legendary past/fantasy) appeals to you a lot, where spanking and BDSM fantasies are concerned?

I specifically like steampunk a lot- Regency, Victorian is good, but steampunk is much better. I haven't read much sci-fi with spanking/BDSM themes (unless we're talking about John Norman's "Chronicles of Gor" or Cara Bristol's "Breeder" and well, I love Gor in some ways, Cara is the only author I've read so far who really utilized a sci-fi situation well in telling a love story that included spanking.) I do like contemporary, but I find it difficult because much of the word choice (like nub for clit, folds talking about labia, put me off stories often when they're used in contemporary fiction.)

What's one of the first piece of spanking/BDSM fiction you ever read, and how did it affect you?

Lying on the bed of the motel room, the morning after we'd enjoyed hours of lovemaking as my first girlfriend and I enjoyed once a month. This time she'd brought some book called "The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty." It had such a lovely, flowery cover. She opened the book and we lay on our stomachs as we started to read; it was good to make love again before she and I left the room. I knew I wanted more BDSM than what she and I had inserted into our lovemaking. And I knew I wanted to write erotica.



I'll have to skip question 5 [Question 5 is about early spanking fantasies--Em], because I don't really remember my first spanking fantasies; I sadly didn't have much of a fantasy life involving sexuality until after I lost my virginity to rape and had to figure out how to come to terms with that experience because I had no adults that put the experience into proper context for me. Although now I'm amused to mention that my Master was creeped out as I was typing that paragraph up--not that He read the paragraph, but that I was watching the TV while typing all that.

Now swinging into a better direction than that sad paragraph, I want to tell a little story (before sharing quick the blurb for "Out of the Night: Book One," my bio--although maybe I want something more fun, more Sheri Savill-esque than the little thing that I have been using :D--and the buy link for it on Smashwords; yes, I still need to be spanked by a wet noodle for not taking the versions my tech guide made for me for Amazon, B&N, ARe :D). But a story I thought Emily would love to read when I sat down to write posts for my book tour for the re-release of "...Night..." Yes, the whole of Vala's Story started off as a birthday gift for my dom Tom--The Queen and Vala both interesting mixtures of him and myself.

I'm sure that Tom was a regular of Gotham City Cafe before I was--gods, I had to stop myself from typing Night instead of Gotham :D. It wasn't until it had moved across Woodward Avenue, became "new Gotham" before I properly met him. He was sitting with Larry at a large round table not too far from the coffee bar. Larry was trying to hit on me, tease me, I don't know exactly what, but I wanted no part of it. I noticed Tom, his beautiful eyes, his sweet smile, that gorgeous curly hair that I longed to bury my hands in. I cried, "I hide! I hide! Protect me!" and dove behind Tom's chair. I remember looking up at him at one point, batting my eyelashes at him. I dreamt of kneeling between his legs and sucking his cock in that moment. At some point he brought me up on a chair beside; his voice was so rapturously controlling, whether he was focused on ordering or not. I'm not sure if it that was that first Friday night or a later one when the time came that he sat in a chair opposite me and patted his leg, silently ordering me to place my leg on his lap, and then he started with his roll of black electrical tape, the tape claiming me as his bat necklace claimed me. In hiding, I found myself. In losing Tom, I lost myself for awhile, started doing drugs again for awhile, before my Master gave me the strength and the desire to get back off them.

And now for authorly type things :D First...

Out of the Night: Book One blurb:

Restless and world-weary, Mearr isn't about to admit she needs anyone's help, even this gorgeous man who has taken her into his home. Well one of his homes and part of this huge family she's heard about but not met all of. She's young, looks young, and knows it but at least she's legal now so she can pick a new name to go with her new life... 
The Queen knows he wants Mearr bad, ever since the first time he saw her in the window of the coffeehouse. He has his plan, but even a Dominant's plans don't always survive the unpredictability of the future. He struggles to figure out this temperamental woman he's brought home, how best to help her. Then he takes her to his mansion... 
They wait patiently for The Queen to bring Mearr home. Well to the home they've been redecorating for Him and for the hopes that she'll become part of their family and be trained to please Him. Simon and Tommy have seen her, of course, being The Queen's right and left hands; they say she'll be a perfect addition...
Please come along with Joelle on this journey, shared with the readers in serial fashion. A multitude of "Happily-ever-afters" are waiting with the completion of book 9. 
Author's Note: This novel is meant for open-minded adults. Activities described include a wide range of BDSM and sexual activities, some of which are male/male, male/female, consensual slavery, oral/anal/vaginal intercourse, bondage. The story also covers some sensitive topics in characters' backstories, such as drug abuse.
And now buy it on. . .

Smashwords

Now, barring any use of a wet noodle, or maybe a wet towel, if you can't just buy the book on SW (I don't know why you wouldn't :D) you can watch my "My Books" page http://joellecasteel.blogspot.com/p/my-books.html for it to become available on other e-retailers.

And finally... Joelle's Bio:



Joelle Casteel has been writing for as long as she can remember. Explicit, graphic, her writing isn't for minors or the easily offended. Once upon a time, she preferred to write on a PC, sitting on a stool--there were those who told her she looked like Tori Amos playing the piano. She's still trying to get the hang of writing in an arm chair instead, her legs up on an ottoman because she's such a short shit that even the small armchair isn't small enough for her to put her feet on the floor comfortably. With BDSM gaining a broader audience with various books--which she will not name because she can't stand them--she feels it's past time to put out her impression of what BDSM can look like in reality. Remember, just because you feel BDSM in your heart, in your identity, it doesn't mean you have to give up on love--hardcore BDSM and love can coexist.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for hosting me :) I loved answering the questions :D

    ReplyDelete