Friday, June 6, 2014

Visual spanking stories analysis: origami

(This analysis concerns yesterday's story.)

I love it when one of these little stories finds its way to its true theme as I write. This one started off with the title "the best place of all," but then a lovely metaphor hit me: origami. Thus the story continues the sub-theme of so many of my visual inspirations posts: Japanese culture and D/s. Traditional societies do it better, it would seem.

At least in the Western imagination, I think Japanese culture lies much closer to it medieval roots than Western culture does. Origami, like bonsai, and shibari, speaks of a relation to art as object that we have moved away from in the West.

When applied to the realm of the erotic, and to the female body, where my fantasies are concerned, that objectification becomes a sort of flowering of dominance and submission that has very few parallels.

No comments:

Post a Comment